Tuesday, April 3, 2007

So it starts

20 March 2006

And so this little adventure begins!

I suppose that some history regarding this adventure thing is in order! I will, however, cut down on the details a bit and keep some narrative splendour for the day of tomorrow.

In 2004 I enjoyed a pretty supernatural trip to the USA after which I had a liittle premonition that I would not be living in South Africa all my life. So in November 2005, when a good friend of mine told me he wanted to move to New Zealand and instantly, this journey began!



Now my friend, John Davidson, his wife Annelize and I are carried to the "land of the white cloud" on wings of grace... There are a million things to organise before we go, things to sell, people to tell and paperwork to complete. Agghhh the paperwork... TONS of the stuff.

We plan to arrive in New Zealand with no more than our 20kg's of luggage and stay for at least 3 months. With the help of a South-African expat at a New Zealand based employment agency we will be attending some interviews in the first few weeks after our arrival and trust that God will provide work for us as he has before! After this little job hunting excapade we have to organise work permits (which is a walk in the park if you have a job offer) and then navigate the gauntlet of Immigration's residency application. :-)

Seasons like this always have more implications than is immediately visible... Some of the sacrifices we make now in the hunt of a few dreams are really challenging but how do you put a price tag on the reward of living ones dream? One of the hardest things I have faced is seeing the unbelief and sadness flood a friends eyes after you tell them you have to leave. I have known some real lonely times so I treasure every single friend I have... O Lord of the Heavens, bless them and comfort them even now...

Sooo before I get way emotional I'll stop this little post with a quote (Pardon the plagiarism y'all)...

"Ends are new beginnings,
as one day soon you'll see,
the best is never over,
the best is yet to be!"

And sooo it begins.

;-)

This is what you look like when you have just purchased your plane tickets to brave the unknown… What a feeling!

John and I being, well, silly I guess…