Friday, April 6, 2007

A thing about nature

4 February 2007

I’ve been very quiet for a few weeks now. Sorry guys and gals! In the following posts (Whenever they happen) I will tell you some stories of holidays in December and the “Levin Organic festival”

It does seem quite strange that I have to make apology for being very busy over the past month, I am living on an Island after all and they are notorious for laid back living. Truth be told, I have relaxed a lot from my old busy-bee self, but a little of that multi-tasking thing still remains.




It is quite surprising that in a place as beautiful and diverse as Wellington, I’ve longed for a place to be alone. I hoped for a place of solitude with only the comfort of trees whispering silence and streams lazily telling stories of yesteryear.

Today I found such a place. I walked over a steep hill and up a wooden staircase on the sun drenched hillside. Wild flowers smiled as I passed, beetles greeted me welcome as only they can. So here I am, surrounded by a forest of pines, enjoying the company of trees of many years. It is strange how close and approachable God feels in places like this. It must be the silence that never really stays silent. Even before we get started on all kinds of ritual and pomp to make Him feel welcome, He’s presence is announced in the rustling of leaves and the patterns of shadow that chase each other on the forest floor. Before we start to say all the wrong things in attempts to say “Hi”, He puts a finger to our lips as we are silenced by a sun drenched feather floating by. Instantly I know I’m not alone, and I prefer it that way!

And on this note I'll show you some of these friendly field flowers... I've waited for an opportunity to show off the micro photography I've been getting into lately. Enjoy!

The entrance to my forest... Yes it's real hehe

woud-ingang.jpg

artee.jpg

img_4879.jpg

Actual Size


A little closer...
Some people are like the photo above... They seem to become more and more beautiful the closer you get to the

Spot the dewdrop



img_4912.jpg

img_4999.jpg

img_4999.jpg

img_5358.jpg

img_5412.jpg


No comments: